Low FODMAP Yakitori Salmon Skewers
These low FODMAP salmon skewers which are easy to prepare and make a delicious supper dish.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- 500g salmon fillet, skinless, cut into cubes
- 1 red and green pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sake, mirin and brown sugar until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cut the salmon into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl. Mix well and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
In the meantime, soak 8 wooden skewers in water to prevent them burning.
When you are ready to cook, thread the salmon and peppers onto the wooden skewers. Place a griddle pan over a high heat and cook each skewer for 2-3 minutes each side. Brush with the remaining marinade as they cook.
Sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Serve with mixed lettuce and noodles.
- To cut the salmon fillet into 24 bite-size pieces, first cut the fillet in half. Then cut each half into 3 strips and then each strip into 4.
- To cut the pepper into 34 pieces, cut the peppers in half, then each half into 8 pieces.
- Calories: 306Kcals
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1
- Carbohydrates: 8.7g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: Low FODMAP
You can find this recipe and lots more in my FREE summer weight loss plan – get your copy today: sign up here