Successful weight management comes down making sustainable lifestyle changes. Most people can lose weight but maintaining the changes is the difficult part. Eating for weight loss is more than just healthy eating as you need to look carefully at the amount of food you eat and keep a track of your portion sizes. A weight loss plan also needs to combine eating healthy foods and keeping physically active.
Some weight tips include:
- Eat regular meals, skipping a meal can lead to over-eating or snacking later in the day.
- Set a few small realistic goals to help with your weight loss plan
- Plan your meals in advance can be helpful.
- Increase the amount of activity you do. Choose an activity you enjoy, as it will make it easier to keep it going.
- Keep a food and drink diary can be an effective tool.
- Maintaining your motivation to lose weight by getting support and using rewards (non-food).
My approach is to calculate your energy requirement for weight loss. This is the number of calories you need to lose weight at the recommended rate (1-2lbs per week). I can then work out the number of portions from the food groups in the Eatwell Plate (see below) that you will need.
Please contact me for more information on dietary advice for weight management, which is tailored to your individual needs.