Healthy Tuna Nicoise Salad
This is a really quick and easy salad to make for lunch. It can also be stored in the fridge, ready to take to work the next day.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: French
- 4 large eggs
- 240g new potatoes, thickly sliced
- 100g fine green beans
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 gem lettuces, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 pitted Kalamata olives, rinsed and halved
- 2 tsp low-fat salad dressing
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 141g can Tuna steak in brine or water, drained
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain, cool, shell and halve.
- Boil the potatoes for 7 minutes, add the beans and boil for a further 5 minutes until both are tender, then drain.
- Toss the beans, potatoes, onion, tomatoes, lettuce, and olives in a large bowl with the dressing.
- Divide between two plates. Top with the halved eggs, anchovy fillets and drained tuna.
Keeps fresh in the fridge for a few days.
Food Group Portions:
- Calories: 216Kcals
- Sugar: 4.4g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 20g