Healthy Sweet Potato and Chick Pea Curry
An easy healthy curry to help you start having some meat-free days and it taste delicious too!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 400g tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- Juice of ½ lime
- Large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 160g frozen chopped spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick saucepan over medium heat and add the oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the garlic, chilli, curry powder and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the lime juice and coriander and mix.
- Add the sweet potato and stir to combine with the spice mixture, then add the coconut milk, stock, chickpeas and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Finally, add the frozen spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the chopped coriander.
Food Portion Guide
Serve with rice.
- Calories: 445 Kcals
- Sugar: 18g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 63g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 911g
Keywords: Healthy curry