Low Fat Potato Salad
This recipe for potato salad is quick and easy to make. By using low-fat mayonnaise and low-fat yoghurt, it is much healthier than regular potato salad.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Sides
- Method: boiled
- Cuisine: British
- 750g new potatoes, skins left on
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 spring onion, ends trimmed, halved and sliced
- 3 tbsp chives, snipped into small pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Cut the potatoes into 3cm chunks. Put them into a saucepan and cover with boiling water. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and for about cook for 10 minutes until cooked and still keeping their shape. Drain in a colander.
- Mix the mayonnaise, yoghurt, mustard, spring onions and most of the chives in a bowl and mix well. Season with black pepper and salt and add the potatoes while they are still warm and toss well. Scatter over the remaining chives.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Adding the potatoes to the dressing while they are warm enables the potatoes to take on more flavour.
Keeping the skins on the potatoes also increases the fibre content of the dish.
- Calories: 136 Kcals
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 3.7g
Keywords: Low fat