I can provide the dietetic support to meet the needs of school children with food allergies or intolerances.
5-8% of children in the UK have a food allergy.
I can tailor your standard menu to exclude one or more of the top 14 allergens*for children who have a food allergy or intolerance.
*Top 14 Allergens:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
- Provide allergy training for your staff to significantly reduce the risks of cross-contamination.
- Provide support on how to implement the School Food Standards (SFS) including advice for preparing varied and tasty menus and a checklist for school lunches.
- Checking product specifications against the Government School Buying Standards to ensure menus meet the SFS and/or Food For Life accreditation.
- Working with schools to develop a Whole School Food Approach, evaluating all areas of school food provision across the entire school day.
Using Nutrition Analysis software, I can analyse nutrients & allergens in your recipes.