- Provide support on how to implement the School Food Standards (SFS) including advice for preparing varied and tasty menus and a checklist for school lunches.
- Checking product specifications against the Government School Buying Standards to ensure menus meet the SFS and/or Food For Life accreditation.
- Working with schools to develop a Whole School Food Approach, evaluating all areas of school food provision across the entire school day.
- Accurately analyse costs, nutrients & allergens in your dishes using recipe analysis and menu management software
Catering for food allergies/intolerances
- Develop medical diet menus for children who have a medically diagnosed allergy/intolerance to the top 14 allergens*
- Support you implement a procedure for providing a medical diets at your school
- Providing training to catering staff on allergen management to significantly reduce the risks of cross-contamination.
*Top 14 Allergens:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
Type I diabetes
- Produce carbohydrate content of the meals on your menu
- Provide training for catering staff
I can provide a regular dietetic helpline to answer nutritionally related enquires from parents.